A month of Instagram post ideas for professional service businesses
Professional services’ businesses don’t have products to photograph, so how can they use Instagram?
I’ve just recently jumped head first into Instagram. My account has been up, but just not running. I’ve had trouble thinking of Instagram post ideas for my business.
As an owner of a service based business, it can be hard when you don’t have a product to photograph.
Even worse, you may not have any staff, and it could be just you. I decided to put together a list of post ideas for Instagram to get you started.
Instagram post ideas
1. A quote from an expert in your industry
2. A positive client review – a review from a recent client
3. Client success story
4. An announcement – we’re booked out till November so if you want to get it done before Christmas you need to book now
5. Promote an event – either that you’re holding or one that you’re attending
6. Industry related news – an item that’s relevant that might not be well known
7. Marketing material – signage, a set of new business cards fanned out, or a box of new leaflets
8. Content promotion – the image from your latest blog or written report with a link in your bio to the article
9. Your office – an image of the activity hub of your business
10. Out and about – if you travel to clients, take a picture of your travels
11. Behind the scenes video – a short and sharp video of you in action
12. Lifestyle post – whatever it is you do to keep a balanced lifestyle, share a picture of it. Maybe it’s you after a run.
13. Sneak preview – share a sneak preview of something that’s about to be launched
14. An inspirational quote
15. A video of you in action
16. Share a photo of your customers
17. Fun image
18. Ask a question to generate engagement
19. Something on the way to work
20. A tip about a service you provide
21. Regram – this is where you post someone’s post but you attribute it to them
22. Introduce yourself – show us a little bit about you
23. A statistic
24. Pictures related to your service – if you’re a writer then notepads, quirky pens, books
25. Words or a word cloud that encapsulates your business
26. Ask a question related to your business “‘When was the last time your website had a thorough SEO audit?”
27. Tag someone who…..
28. Throwback image – this is also known as an image from another time or earlier posting
29. Hyper Lapse video – the hyperlapse app from Instagram allows you to create time lapsed video
30. News jacking – comment about a hot new topic that’s related to your brand
31. A technology tip – this could be software you use or a cool app you love
Want more social media content ideas like this?
Sign up for my monthly newsletter for tips on how to affordably market your business on social media.