Welcoming Business Networking Groups in Melbourne
Networking is not that hard, once you get the hang of it.
Finding a business networking group can be hard. Especially most of us don’t like to put ourselves in a room full of people we don’t know and start up a conversation. But networking can reap huge benefits. There’s nothing like meeting someone in person to get your brand out there.
With so many networking events in Melbourne, you’ll be sure to find one where you feel comfortable and confident. Although it may take a few events to start feeling comfortable, it will happen as you build up more experience in networking.
Here are a few networking groups that regularly hold events in Melbourne’s northern and eastern suburbs.
Business networking groups
- Nillumbik Business Network – the Nillumbik Business Network meets once a month at the Edendale Community Farm in Eltham. Any non-members can attend a networking event for a small fee which includes a guest speaker, finger food and local wine. The group also hosts breakfast and morning tea events for those who can’t make the evening sessions.
- BizMoreland – A business group within the City of Moreland, BizMoreland runs a variety of networking groups for business owners in the municipality. There’s the Moreland Business Network, the Moreland Business Women’s Network and the Invest Moreland Network.
Eastern suburbs of Melbourne
- Manningham Business Network – Manningham has a combination of members-only forums as well as open meetings where guests are able to attend. Each month there’s a breakfast networking event open to guests and held in Doncaster.
- Bayside Business Network (BBN) – The Bayside Business Network is located in Melbourne’s south-eastern region. The group hosts member networking events, seminars which are open to members and guests as well as large breakfast events (held 3 times a year). Women’s luncheons are held 3 times a year. These are open to both members, their guests and non-BBN members.
- Monash Council – The City of Monash provide a number of different networking groups and events for different types of businesses. The Women’s Business Network especially for women, the Home Based Business Network or there’s Monash Innovation Roundtable for leaders in businesses with $5m+ annual turnover.
- Whitehorse Business Group – The Whitehorse Business Group holds regular hands-on workshops to learn about business fundamentals such as cash flow, tax and social media (LinkedIn). The group also hold women’s business luncheons, speed networking and more informal events in and around the Box Hill area.
- Glen Eira Business Network – The Women’s Business Network meets monthly between March to November in Caulfield. There is no membership however regular events require pre-booking. The events feature business related information as well as self-improvement sessions.
These are just a few of the local, community-based networking groups in Melbourne’s northern and eastern suburbs. There’s a host of other networking groups such as the Melbourne Business Network and Business Chicks and many more.
Over to you
Got another networking event that’s not listed? Share it in the comments below.